On the subject of changing jobs, here’s a few points I’ve been considering:
- I’m in a stress free but relatively low-paid job as a software engineer in an insurance company. Three miles from home to the office is very handy, especially considering I often have to pick up children from nursery. However…
- I’m generally frustrated with the heavy weight and bureaucratic, yet rather ad-hoc nature of the development processes. Although this is not a major issue for me, there are other considerations…
- I’ve been transferred to a project that could be described as “morale sapping” by applying a generous dose of optimism.
- This new project is based in Redhill, about ten miles away. This is no longer that convenient for me.
- The IT job market has been steadily improving over the last year, and agents are calling me out of the blue asking for availability.
- I’ve been meaning to try my hand at the contract market for a long time now, where I’m certain I could very easily double my income.
- My kids are now at the stage where I should be able to venture further afield without neglecting them too much
On Friday, I came to the point where I had a chance to think these issues over, came to the obvious conclusion, and handed in my resignation. It looks like I’m about to go back onto the job market. Time to update my CV.
(BTW, if anyone knows about job opportunities opening up around late September, let me know).